Aurelia bootstrapper error, No PLATFORM.Loader is defined

Hello,

I’m trying to use aurelia with webpack but in my browser, I’m getting the following error:

Uncaught (in promise) No PLATFORM.Loader is defined and there is neither a System API (ES6) or a Require API (AMD) globally available to load your app.

In my package.json I’m using
"aurelia-webpack-plugin": “^2.0.0-rc.5”,
“aurelia-bootstrapper”: “2.1.1”

Are there any known workarounds for this issue? This will happen if I use bluebird or not and seems to stem from the aurelia boostrapper.

Any tips of suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

Are you using aurelia-cli? If no, try using cli to bootstrap a customized webpack app.

Thank you for the response and suggestion. I’m converting an existing production application that’s using jspm and system js.

I’ve narrowed this specific No PLATOFORM.Loader is defined error to the aurelia-pal dependency that was previously in my jspm dependencies.

Removing it however I’m getting a new error:
__WEBPACK_IMPORTED_MODULE_0_aurelia_pal__.DOM.injectStyles is not a function

It sounds like you are still using a very old version of aurelia-pal before webpack support was added.

Can you try:

1. remove node_modules folder, delete file package-lock.json (or yarn.lock).
  2. upgrade all versions in your package.json to latest with ncu.
    • npm i -g npm-check-updates
    • ncu -au
  3. then npm install (or yarn).

You should be good to go.

2 Likes

@austinh thank you, this solved the original error that I was seeing!

I’m still working through why I can’t get the app become attached if I used <router-view></router-view>. Definitely very close now though, thank you again.

I have the same problem but for me unfortunately reinstalling node_modules didn’t help :frowning:

@klinki I actually had to do a couple of things in my application:

1. Simplify aurelia dependencies as much as possible . For example, I only have these in my dependencies section of package.json:
    "aurelia-bootstrapper": "2.2.0", "aurelia-configuration": "2.0.0", "aurelia-framework": "1.1.5", "aurelia-logging-console": "1.0.0", "aurelia-router": "1.5.0",
  2. Run the steps @austinh prescribed
  3. Update compose elements to have the following syntax:

Previous:
<compose containerless model.bind="component" view-model="src/components/${component.componentName}/${component.componentName}.js"> </compose>

Updated:
<compose containerless repeat.for="component of components" model.bind="component" view-model="./components/${component.componentName}/${component.componentName}"> </compose>