Aurelia Router: Events + long running "load"

Hi @Sayan751,

I think this new template feature is great, but it’s not 100% what I was looking for.

My intention was something that would allow me to globally make delayed loading of views visually visible without having to implement this in every single view. Besides that, this is exactly what I was looking for.

The “load” hook would be a good approach for this. But after the router waits with further processing until the returned promise is done, it seems like the application is sluggish (as said before). @dwaynecharrington so I’m a bit doubtful if it’s good to write in the documentation that URL dependent loading of data in “canLoad” and “load” is really a good idea.

@dwaynecharrington another question about the router’s documentation: are you planning to document the router’s “stateful” feature in the near future? So far I have not managed to properly enable and test this feature or find any accurate information on it.

This is a knock-out criteria whether we can work with the built-in router or have to create our own router again (as in Aurelia v1) (see Routing with preserving previous view/viewModel).

Thanks!

1 Like