Aurelia UX - Test App problem

I am trying to run the Aurelia UX test app. The instructions say:

Run a test app which emulates dependencies installation

To run the test app, first make sure you built all the packages via the instruction of how to build above. Then open a shell at root of this project and copy paste the following:

cd app
npm ci
npm run dev

npm ci gives me this error:

npm WARN prepare removing existing node_modules/ before installation
npm ERR! cipm can only install packages when your package.json and package-lock.json or npm-shrinkwrap.json are in sync. Please update your lock file with npm install before continuing.
npm ERR!
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Missing: @aurelia-ux/lookup@file:…/packages/lookup
npm ERR! Missing: @aurelia-ux/tree-view@file:…/packages/tree-view
npm ERR!

Can anyone suggest how to get this working?

1 Like

SOLVED:
I deleted the package-lock.json file, and tried again and it worked.

2 Likes

Probably we will remove this section

since we dont need it, since we are referencing source code directly anyway. Could help avoid situations like this.

@bigopon - how do I add a reference to the new @aurelia-ux/tabs that I am adding, so that the Test App can use it?

1 Like

You can have a look at how other packages are added, that’s the only place needed. For TS, we have mapping in tsconfig.json

Don’t forget to add an alias in webpack config as well

1 Like

Thanks @MaximBalaganskiy - I just discovered that, after 90 minutes of banging my head against the desk :wink:

1 Like

Can we peek at the tabs yet? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, I’m still in very early stages. I’m trying to get my head around what others have done, and how much I can re-use and/or copy. I’ll continue to post to https://github.com/aurelia/ux/issues/83 as I get something running in my forked copy.

1 Like