Upcoming Aurelia Conferences/Events?

Online training would be great!
I´ve taken a few courses on pluralsight.com and they have this format called “Play by Play” that I liked a lot. It´s basically two people coding a little piece of software while chatting along.
“Play by Play: Aurelia 2 Quickstart with EisenbergEffect and John Papa” would be awesome. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was in that training. It was excellent I would definitely look forward to a V2 even if it looked at things from a developer that wasn’t typically in JavaScript developer. It would give me a chance to reset my skills and see what I have missed since then.

2 Likes

Back in 2017 I contacted Sunny Leggett from https://zeroslopeevents.com/ and got a budget to put together an AureliaConf - similar to the size and scope of the first ng-conf. I’m curious how many people would be interested in coming to Salt Lake City, Utah for a conference. I would hope a lot. I kind of let the idea fall by the wayside. But it would be interesting to at least put together a faux sign-up for to see how many would actually sign up to get an idea for budget. I’d also be curious how many companies would sponsor such an event to keep costs lower for attendees.

1 Like

I see they are planning another framework summit in 2020. Any chance Aurelia will be represented this time?

1 Like

@djedi Do you have a link or contact?

1 Like

I believe the link above is the place to start, unless @djedi has something more direct:

https://zeroslopeevents.com/

1 Like

Yeah, I just contacted Sunny Leggett at zeroslopeevents. zeroslopeevents@gmail.com

1 Like

Excellent. I’m contacting people. Hopefully, we can get something worked out.

FYI: The biggest reason why I haven’t been conference speaking much for a while is that I have a rather serious back condition and can’t really travel long distances very easily. I’m happy to do work to get Aurelia slots in conferences and help others prepare presentations, but it’s increasingly difficult for me to do the travel/talk myself. I’m hopeful that things will improve for me, but it’s going to take some time.

If anyone sees a conference where they think Aurelia should be presented, please consider taking on the adventure of speaking. Let me know if you need help working on slides, have trouble convincing conference organizers, or just want someone to watch you do a run-through and provide feedback. I’m happy to help in those ways.

1 Like