Is there a standard way to integrate a lot of 3rd party scripts or a guide on how to integrate a 3rd party script? I feel like we could almost make a standard way for this for most of these.
"<script>" tag and then associate it with a component/class in Aurelia.
I find it so silly that so many websites, such as TinyMCE offers “here’s the vue way, the svelte way, the react way, the angular way, the ‘web component’ way…” Strange how it isn’t the same for all of them. In each case you have to download a sort of e.g. ‘tinymce-vue’ npm module.
Is there a list of components that we are to create custom components for? Should we not have a website or database repository of these 3rd party integrations showing “the correct way” to integrate? Perhaps we may not need that if we develop a way to just port their scripts in.
A database where you can search would be useful for this–integration with popular 3rd parties used for web app development:
- for spam protection (e.g. Akismet, Anti-Bee, etc.)
- for Blog rich-text html editors… TinyMCE, CKEditor, just go and get your API key or whatever
- for Google Recaptcha (what a pain that was for me in Au1–now gotta do it again for Au2), maybe I should develop my own anti-bot puzzle. Love those chess puzzles to prove you are human lol.
- for data tables… such as ag-grid…
- for openid or other login schemes
- for Material-Design & Bootstrap especially is good for beginners getting into web development but may not have AI skills, I saw a guys’ resume, he built great set of backend code as a junior dev but couldn’t figure out Html/CSS or art or anything visually pleasing but I didn’t ding him for it while hiring.
- for sentry or other logging/monitoring ideas
- for survey/poll building on the fly
- for paypal buttons or other donation apps
OR do you recommend I build my own custom components for a number of these things ( i won’t need them all probably )? These are such important parts of any website development.
If we had all the time in the world, there’d be tutorials somewhere for all of these when Au2 is out of alpha. But is there any plans or discussions for this for the future?
Happy 4th of July and keep up the great work folks.