Any issues with Safari 16.0?

Has anyone here run into issues with form inputs (type=“email” or type=“text” specifically) failing to register that the value has changed specifically when running an Aurelia 1 application in Safari 16.0 (the latest release)?

These are the Aurelia packages and versions I’m currently using in my application:

"aurelia-animator-css": "^1.0.4",
"aurelia-bootstrapper": "^2.3.3",
"aurelia-event-aggregator": "^1.0.3",
"aurelia-framework": "^1.3.1",
"aurelia-history-browser": "^1.4.0",
"aurelia-loader-nodejs": "^1.1.0",
"aurelia-notify": "^0.8.1",
"aurelia-pal": "^1.8.2",
"aurelia-pal-nodejs": "^2.0.0",
"aurelia-polyfills": "^1.3.4",
"aurelia-router": "^1.7.1",

My application also uses a library of custom web components based on Microsoft’s Fast, so the issue may be coming from that dependency, but I wanted to reach out here as well just in case others have dealt with this issue in the last week.

Any insights you can provide would be much appreciated! Thanks.

1 Like

I’m having weird issue with Safari 16.0 (and 16.1 beta), where most of the pages in the single page app load correctly, but some of the pages do not. After navigation they just stay blank.

I see that canActivate event triggers on the destination page, but nothing happens afterwards. At the moment I’m not sure where exactly page cycle stops.

Same app works and in latest Safari on the iPhone. (this was latest iOS 15)
Same problem occurs on Safari on iOS 16.

Having an error with routing for some of the pages on my Single Page App, for some reason some pages fail to load, even if activate or attached events run; the weird thing is that not happens with all the pages, the only error I see on console is

[Error] ERROR [app-router] TypeError: null is not an object (evaluating ‘t.contains’)
error
value (app-bundle-73b4d7500d.js:1:189150)
value
(anonymous function) (app-bundle-73b4d7500d.js:1:188094)
value (app-bundle-73b4d7500d.js:1:193423)
value (app-bundle-73b4d7500d.js:1:188053)

I’m still investigating, it only happens with safari 16

1 Like