State of aurelia-ux?

Hi! To what extent is aurelia-ux ready for prime time? Should we be using it in production? Are some parts more ready than others? Does it play well with webpack?

Speaking of Aurelia v1 here…

Thanks!

1 Like

I recommend you use Aurelia MDC

It’s actively developed and built on top of Google components. I use it in production app and it’s very good.

2 Likes

Thanks, i bet it is good, but for this app we don’t want the bloat of stuff like jquery, bootstrap and material design.

1 Like

There’ ever changing standard of material design to align to so bridging is a cheap way to have it, if the core material design is built using only plain JavaScript, which I think the MDC is.

If you want to use pure Aurelia implementation, then the Aurelia UX is a good choice, it’s in a pretty decent state. I can also assist with PRs to incorporate needed changes.
Currently, @ben-girardet is the main driver of the Aurelia UX.

2 Likes

Material is design first for android device.
I don’t think, it’s UX is for web application (professional application )

2 Likes

I have the impression that the Aurelia team is focusing on FAST instead of Aurelia UX

3 Likes

Wow I hadn’t heard of Aurelia on FAST. Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

a list of framework with aurelia connection :slight_smile:

and see Aurelia UI Toolkits · GitHub for Aaurelia bridge to frameworks :
Framework7 , KendoUI, syncfusion, materialize

3 Likes

For v2, we are having our integration doc here Integration - The Aurelia Docs

2 Likes

We have built @dunite/au-fluent-ui - npm which is a full wrapper for Microsofts Fluent UI. There are some bits left out where it doesn’t make sense because it is so much easier just to use Aurelia instead.

We use it in production for many customers, some in public sector.

6 Likes