Aurelia 2+ code name

I think Aurelia should set itself apart from others in the spa world and code name minor releases 2.(x) in a similar topic.
Android has candy names.

Is this a good suggestion and if so let’s hear some topics? You can hate on if you want it’s cool.

Let me start with with the topic of space as a suggestion. Lots of intriguing ideas in the topic of space.

3 Likes

Aurelia Cosmos
Aurelia Black
Aurelia Eclipse
Aurelia Lunar
Aurelia Solar

3 Likes

I’m not opposed to this for vNext. Our new monorepo with the ability to easily release everything at the same version number certainly makes this easier/possible. I don’t have strong opinions on naming. I do like the astronomical theme.

5 Likes

Aurelia Jupiter
Aurelia Saturn
Aurelia Neptune
Aurelia Uranus (hehe - someone had to say it :wink: )

3 Likes

Keeping in mind that Aurelia comes from latin origins of golden
wikipedia && urbandictionary To me it always sounded like light || aura

I personally love the name Aurelia Luna, as it has a combined connection to all of the above, and it’s sounds really good…

2 Likes

I just remembered this post for some reason… it was not active lately.

I’m interested to know what other people think…
can we make a poll or something similar?

1 Like

Just wanna remind people that most people have no memory of what version of android did what… They absolutely don’t think about it that way.

But lots of people remember Rocky III and when you type lord of the rings, it suggests “1”, “2” or “3”.

You can have both:

• Aurelia 2: Saturn
  • Aurelia 2: Apollo
  • Aurelia 2 (Bolt)

Numbers are good because it means it’s renewed and more powerful/faster, but still the same brand. Unless you think your brand has suffered from some setback or “bad reputation” then just rename it altogether. But I don’t think that has happened at all.

Another thing is a lot of people I talk to about Vue.js, had no idea there was a v1.0 of it. They think Vue was just a new thing.

Angular 2+ or 5+ or whatever the heck version they’re on now, should just rename themselves away from angular with the backing of google right? I think they have suffered a reputation hit. Don’t become chrome, no one remembers what version of chrome they’re on.

2 Likes