Aurelia inspector for Chrome has disappeared

Aurelia inspector has disappeared from Chrome web store. It should be there. We need it.

Aurelia 2 inspector exists.

4 Likes

@EisenbergEffect @bigopon does the v2 inspector work with v1? if not, this is going to be a problem for my team as well, we won’t be able to move to aurelia v2 for some time

1 Like

If I use Edge Chromium I can not see it. But it is still there if I use Chrome. I installed it last week.

1 Like

Aurelia 2 inspector does not work with Aurelia 1.

1 Like

Please, someone look into why the Aurelia Inspector extension has been removed: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aurelia-inspector/ofemgdknaajmpeoblfdjkenbpcfbdefg?hl=et&sid=J1133m

This is essential to us and many others, I suppose.

1 Like

Sorry for the issue, the team is working out the ownership account for the inspector, will update here soon.

2 Likes

I will be working on this tonight. Hopefully you will see it in the store tomorrow morning.

7 Likes

Any update on this?
Thanks!

3 Likes

Doesn’t seem available yet. Any update?

2 Likes

For anyone that needs to install the inspector before they get the Chrome Store thing worked out, I’ve uploaded the crx file here:

You can download that file and just drag it onto the Chrome Extensions page to install.

1 Like

Thanks. But it shows "Package is invalid: ‘CRX_REQUIRED_PROOF_MISSING’ and installation fails.

1 Like

Until this gets resolved, I was able to download and install the extension from the aurelia repo.
Follow this steps:

-Download Aurelia Inspector 1.3.0 for Aurelia 1 (1.4.0 doesn’t seem to work properly when using it), from aurelia/inspector/dist.
(inspector/Aurelia Inspector 1.3.0.zip at master · aurelia/inspector · GitHub)
-Extract the .zip to a folder.
-In chrome, go to “chrome://extensions/”.
-Enable developer mode on the top right (you can disable it after install).
-Click on “Load unpacked” on the top left.
-Select the folder in which you extracted the .zip file.
-Success! Aurelia Inspector should now appear on “chrome://extensions/”.
(You can now disable developer mode).

If you can’t see the aurelia tab on the Elements pane, you might need to restart Chrome, although I don’t think it’s needed.
I only tested it somewhat and it seems to work, but I can’t confirm for sure since this is my first time using it.

3 Likes

Bump!

Any news on this? @bigopon

1 Like

Added this issue: Removed from Chrome Web Store · Issue #17 · aurelia/inspector · GitHub

On a side-note: I’m fearing that we are now seeing the impact of Aurelia not having a very large community and contribution team. This issue and also the issue where the webpack-plugin has not been upgraded to Webpack 5 yet (Webpack 5 support · Issue #166 · aurelia/webpack-plugin · GitHub) can be “fixed” by upgrading to Aurelia 2 - but I don’t see this as realistic for many large production systems right now. Will somebody from the Aurelia team comment on this? @EisenbergEffect, @dwaynecharrington

1 Like

Google removed the Aurelia Inspector from the Chrome store. I received an automated email stating that they believed it was malware. I responded to the email with questions, as instructed in the email. I received only automated emails back that didn’t answer my questions. This went on for several weeks with me trying to fix things in the dashboard while trying to get a real human from Google to respond. No such luck. Just unhelpful automated emails until they took the plugin out of the store completely.

Someone from the core team may be able to create a new entry in the store from scratch, but they will likely encounter the same issue again unless they magically “do the right thing” or an actual human from Google provides assistance.

@fkleuver is leading the team for Aurelia 2 and may have some more information on an au2 inspector plugin.

@dwaynecharrington or anyone else from the core team with a Google account (I don’t actually have one anymore) can give it a go and try to get the au1 inspector back up. Perhaps there’s a way to create an official Aurelia Google account that both plugins can be submitted through?

2 Likes

@Luciano Thanks. It worked.

@EisenbergEffect Thanks, Rob. I called one of their phone number. They said that they don’t provide phone support for Chrome and they recommended to use their community forum. So, I posted the following msg on their community forum.

https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/103618403?hl=en&authuser=1

@boysensci I think Aurelia community is large and full of Aurelia lovers, though not very large as you wrote. I’ll show you our app with Aurelia 1 when it becomes ready.

6 Likes

Thx @HIRANO-Satoshi you got my upvote.

1 Like

Hi all, thanks a lot for the quick response. Glad to hear the reason behind, fingers crossed that a human will intervene somewhere :slight_smile:

1 Like

upvoted as well.

what is with the 20 character minimum?

1 Like

+2 upvotes from me

Hope we get it resolved soon.

1 Like