Aurelia specific attributes/classes in an SSR rendered app

I have a website that uses SSR rendering. I noticed that the HTML that is output by the SSR renderer contains:

1. binding attributes (class.bind, value.bind, click.delegate, etc)
  2. au-target classes
  3. au-target-id attributes

I have noticed that these can safely be removed server side before sending the HTML response, and everything still works fine.

My question is, does removing these things (which seem unnecessary) have any effect on performance?

The reason for my question is that, as you know, SSR sends the client a DOM which the client builds (and in the mean time loads the bundles). Once the application bundle is loaded, I presume Aurelia essentially “enriches” the existing DOM to add the client-side functionality. What effect does absence or presence of those tags have on this enriching process, if any?

I ran some profiling using Chrome. I profiled 5 refreshes of the site with the attributes/classes/comments left in (on a busy page). I also profiled the same with the attributes/classes/comments stripped. The total time spent scripting/rendering/painting was practically the same.

With all the original attributes/comments/classes:

Without the attributes/comments/classes:

So it seems that for us, in practice, these things don’t help with the speed of the client-side initialisation.