Hybrid mobile apps?

Aurelia “Technical Benefits” lists “Designed for mobile application development in combination with PhoneGap/Cordova/Crosswalk”.

(First I’ll note that Crosswalk seems to have been discontinued.)

I am not finding any story in aurelia.io about creating hybrid mobile apps using Aurelia, much less under PhoneGap/Cordova. My company is evaluating how to do this and I’d like to be able tell them if, how and how well Aurelia can do the job. Any suggestions? (Note I’ll be competing with team members who are emotionally attached to solutions that play well with React.)

Thanks

2 Likes

I did this a couple of years ago and at the time there really wasn’t much to it. You can find something short about it here. It’s a bit outdated but will hopefully give you the gist.

2 Likes

Cool, thanks @jwx . I’m sure that can be helpful. I’d like to understand why the Technical Benefits page brags about Aurelia being designed for mobile application development, what value has been added? Advantages?

1 Like

Random fact:
Cordova, the framework that almost won Stack Overflow’s “Most Dreaded Framework” three times in a row: 2017, 2018 and (second place) 2019! :sparkles:

1 Like