Need a your Comment... About Aurelia

Hey Guys…

Now a days i am working as Dotnet Developer and want to switch my job as Full Stack Developer. I started learn various JS frameworks and got selected in one organisation.

I suppose to work there on “Aurelia js framework” + Web API

Kindly guide me, How much potential aurelia JS does have as compared to other(Angular,React,Vue) JS framework, in architecture, future and career perspective.

Should i choose Aureliya as my career skill set or go with Angular or React…??

Need a your Comment…:pray:

1 Like

You will only get opinionated comment here. This is Aurelia fans room. :smile:

Try every frameworks you mentioned, for at least something beyond todo app.

We like to read others’ comments, but in the end, only your own thought matters most to you.

Try them all also broad your experience, it is good for your skill set and general understanding on JS world. At least you know how to talk about why you prefer this way than other way during your interview. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks … huochunpeng for your time.

i will definitely go through mentioned JS frameworks.

More replies are welcomed from experts… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ask yourself, what makes a Full Stack Developer? Is that somebody who knows MVC ASP.NET + Angular? Or is it someone with experience in NancyFX + React. Or scratch all of that and pick hand-rolled .NET Core with your custom rolled HTTPStack + Aurelia?

In my opinion it’s none of all. Learning APIs is never the way to improve your career long term. Bet today on React and tomorrow it will be Vue. Bet on Vue and tomorrow it’s going to be Svelte. Bet on Svelte and tomorrow … well who knows what happens tomorrow.

Ask yourself instead whether it wouldn’t be better to understand the concepts behind the mentioned frameworks and being able to pick whatever is needed and still getting the job done?
Your career can be boosted by the selection of a framework, but it’s made out of your overall experience. And as a FullStack Dev that includes a heck load more stuff than merely picking a frontend/backend framework :wink:

13 Likes

Unfortunately, checking out all frameworks will probably take a veeery long time. If you’re new to frontend I would recommend Aurelia because it has lower entry fee and mostly non visible in day-to-day use. Just rxjs alone in angular might give you headaches. Having said that make sure you check out angular later in your career.

3 Likes

hey zewa666…

Thanks for your time and valuable thoughts.

1 Like

Hello Dinesh

I have worked with Angular2^ and Aurelia CLI, and i can recommend both.

Aurelia is easier to get started with, and alot easier to maintain through a developmental process, and comes with alot of core features.

Angular 2 and newer versions demand at bit more effort to maintain, but has the advantage of being more popular, and therefor having a greater pool of extensions and modules to use in your web apps.

2 Likes

I would suggest finding a framework you like and can pickup quickly. I had started with Angular 1, liked it, then there was the big change in Angular 2. Hated that. But it did send me on a quest through frameworks, and Aurelia was the one I liked, understood, and didn’t mind spending time on.

As far as how that relates to employment, I create custom widgets using Aurelia for one of my companies primary applications. Luckily, at most customers, I can choose the framework and technology (JSP vs JS Native vs PHP vs JS w/Framework). The reality though is, while my strong suit at this time is JS (nee Typescript) with Aurelia, I have to also be able to work with all the other technologies, and for some customers I have to use the tech that their developers use.

So I’d say choose one framework because you like and are interested in it, then choose another that aligns with your employment. If it’s the same framework, all the better. After that, at least look into what all these other things are and evaluate them. Some might be more appropriate for certain jobs than others. Think of it like the average car mechanic. They learn and train on one kind of car, then when the new model, or different make comes in, they pick up a book, learn it, then fix it.

3 Likes

I just want to add, the main reason that people are hesitated to adopt Aurelia is because of so called small pool of available devs.

But the fact is, this kind of doubt is ALWAYS coming from a non-technical manager. Because technical guy understands that for any smart dev, not only a new framework is no barrier, but also even a new language. So companies with strong tech background will ask candidates to code a quiz in what ever language the candidate likes, they ask you what would you do in some situation, instead of asking have you done these, they judge your general problem solving skill, not familiarity of their tech stack.

Hire smartness, not familiarity. Smart ones will become masters in what ever area they choose to invest time on.

4 Likes