Hello all, I’m running into a performance issue on Aurelia 1.3.1
Basically the issue is I have a repeat.for iterating over a list of 9000+ items with 5+ bindings per item. The SPA hangs for ~10 seconds while the html in the repeater renders.
The actual bindings are unimportant to me, I just want to display the data in the arrays, no need to observe changes and update bindings.
- I’ve tried using one time binding to no avail (little to no change in performance)
- Pagination is not an option (client wants all data to be on one page)
- Infinite scrolling is not an option (user should be able to scroll directly to the bottom of the page)
Current Solution (Still not happy with the performance):
A custom repeat strategy which renders the HTML in the repeater in batches.
While this keeps the page responsive, it still takes ~10 seconds for whole table to load.
- Delay the bindings until the element containing the bindings is brought within range of the browser’s viewport
- Generate the HTML using Aurelia’s templating engine, but somehow insert the data without using bindings
Any opinions and suggestions to getting better performance would be greatly appreciated!