Support for Aurelia & Nx

Hey Team,

We are looking to set up a Monorepo with Nx, that also needs to contain our Aurelia components.
From Nx there is no default support for Aurelia, so we have to figure that out ourselves. I tried to get a package with Vite, but discovered is was only available for Aurelia 2 (As per company policy we cannot yet use Aurelia 2 as it is in beta). I’m having trouble getting a proper Aurelia package exported from Nx.

Did anyone already try to setup some Aurelia components in Nx. It would really be great if we can get some direction :slight_smile:

Or maybe a guide to how to properly create a aurelia npm package would already be helpful :slight_smile:

I guess this means there is no priority for monorepo support in the near future?

For v1, its likely not. V1 webpack plugin will take some work to handle monorepo, itll be quite hard to justify when we are about to go RC with v2.

Though if v1 you dont use convention then any bundler will just work. Do you want an example of non-convention based v1 app + mono repo?

In that case I’m personally missing some information on how to build and import a standalone package in aurelia that can be imported into other projects with webpacl. I have been looking into this, but I can’t find tutorials or other necessary information on this.

It’s because we’ve not documented the feature. There’ 2 parts to this:

1. ability to declare/use resources without having to use module ID:
.use.globalResources(
  MyElement,
  MyAttribute,
  // isntead of having to do
  'path/to/my-element',
  'path/to/my-attribute'
)
  1. ability to declare route without having to use module ID:
export class MyPage {
  configureRouter(config) {
    config.map([
      { path: 'my-path', moduleId: () => import('path/to/my-element') }
    ])
  }
}

(1) is done and (2) is not, hence it’s not yet been documented.